Thursday, March 31, 2016

Review: Finders Keepers

Finders Keepers Finders Keepers by Stephen King
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I have to give Mr. King five stars for this story because to tell you the truth, I couldn't put it down. I love it when a book does that to me. It is the middle part of the Bill Hodges trilogy of which the third part comes out this summer and I for one cannot wait until it gets here, especially if it is as good as the first two parts.

With the words "Wake up Genius" we are taken into the disturbing world of people that really like what they read and the writers that write them. Also, it goes into the mind of a reader that doesn't like the way a writer leaves their character at the end, in this case, the reader feels that the author had 'sold out'. From there the pacing is wonderful as we bounce back and forth between the past (1978) and the current day eventually, both timelines merge and lead us to a tumultuous finale that leaves you at the edge of your seat. Literally, I was on the edge of my seat near the end.

We also get to experience the beginning of Mr. Mercedes from a whole different perspective and that's all I'll say about that because I would hate to spoil anything. My recommendation? Go read it! That's about as simple and easy as I can make it.

Happy reading!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment