Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Review: Trigger Warning: Short Fictions and Discoveries

Trigger Warning: Short Fictions and Discoveries Trigger Warning: Short Fictions and Discoveries by Neil Gaiman
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Another collection of short stories that were once again read to me by Neil Gaiman, can't be all too bad right? In fact, I think if Neil Gaiman is narrating the book or novel, I'll just have to get it because he is a great storyteller and unlike different audiobook readers, he actually knows what he meant when he wrote it and knows how the inflections, etc should be. Hope that makes sense.

That being said, this is more of a 3.5-star review than a 3-star one. I decided to go with the three instead of the four probably because it is really more of a 3.37.

Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of great stories in this collection but there are more good ones. The Dr. Who story, for instance, is great! The Sherlock Holmes is good. Some of the poetry, well I'm not really a fan of poetry so I probably should just say that I didn't enjoy it but I am sure you will! Now I'm thinking that maybe I'm too harsh and should give it a four here since it is really close to that roundup point. No, I am a man of principle so I shall not change it, unless I have second thoughts at a later date, of course.

Don't let my waffling keep you from enjoying this collection however, in fact if you can, get the audio version read by Mr. Gaiman himself, you won't regret it.

Happy reading!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment