Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Review: I Hear the Sirens in the Street

I Hear the Sirens in the Street I Hear the Sirens in the Street by Adrian McKinty
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I'm really liking this detective inspector Duffy of the RUC, he's a pretty sharp peeler and a decent person that solves crime and deals with his own personal baggage in a way that we simple folk can understand, well aside from the outstanding vocabulary. Mr. McKinty tells a great tale that first takes you left then zags to the right and back again. Just when you think you have the puzzle solved he throws you another curve ball. I like that! He also gives us a glimpse into the lives of the people in Northern Ireland back in the early 80's and throws in some great music references. Give them a try, you won't regret it. Fair warning though, there is a wee bit of swearing.

Happy reading!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment