Thursday, July 14, 2016

Review: Station Eleven

Station Eleven Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was pleasantly surprised by this novel and really enjoyed reading it. The story is a post-apocalyptic tale that follows characters lives before and after the end of the world as we know it. The flu has killed 99.99% of the population and the remnants of society find various ways to deal with it. Be it by refitting old automobiles into caravans to making life work in various fast food restaurants and hotels. I did wonder why people just didn't live in a house but why quibble? Maybe it was their celebrity status or something, which all pretty much disappeared once the end came. Nothing like the great equalizer known as a killer flu. Overall I really enjoyed the characters and the story and I think you will as well.

Happy reading!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment