Saturday, October 8, 2016

Review: The Queen of the Tearling

The Queen of the Tearling The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

I am amazed that I actually read the whole thing. It's supposed to be fantasy but only in the sense that it has some magic in it? Maybe? Who knows, this thing is really a rough read and very confusing. I really can't add much to what fellow one-star super rants have said other than to say that I totally agree with them all. Terrible, make that non-existent, world building? Check. Shallow characters? Check. Nonsensical story? Check. False advertising? Maybe, I mean i can see if you haven't read fantasy before that you might think this to be awesome fantasy. I was hoping it was because a new series would be fun. Unfortunately, this will be where I end this series unless someone can convince me that the remaining two books in the series get better, a lot better.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment